FWS : Become a specialist of French Wines !
The French Wine Scholar (FWS) Study and Certification program provides current, accurate and in-depth information on the wines (wine law, grape varieties, viticulture, winemaking) and wine regions of France. Developed and administrated by the Wine Scholar Guild with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture, this specialisation program is designed for advanced students of wine, whether professionals or serious wine hobbyists
The FWS program presents each French wine region as an integrated whole by explaining the impact of history, the significance of geological events, the importance of topographical markers and the influence of climatic factors on the wine in the glass.
Day 5: Exam + Cooperage visit + Lunch + Visit of a Classified Growth Château in the Médoc
The official course + a unique immersion in one of the greatest wine regions in the world !
Who should attend?
Potential candidates should discuss their current level of knowledge with our Education Manager before enrolling on the course, to ensure that this is a suitable qualification for them to undertake.
FWS is ideal for those currently studying or completed WSET Level 3 and 4 or equivalent (DUAD, Sommellier’s course, etc.). It’s also widely recommended for people from the wine industry (trade, production, service, journalists, etc.) able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge. Finally it’s also ideal for those who hold an enthusiastic interest for French wines.
How to prepare?
- Private study: an average of 50h of private study before starting the course is required. This is a global estimation as it widely depends on candidate’s individual knowledge on the topics covered.
- Classroom teaching: 4 days of classroom teaching & exam is sitted on the 5th morning before the visits.
This preparation aims at maximizing self-study while capitalizing on an interactive classroom experience. In order to help you with your private study we provide the following material.
- The 280-pages full-colour French Wine Scholar study manual provides all the information from which the test questions are derived.
- 1-year access to the French Wine Scholar online including 20 multimedia e-learning modules with full audio narration covering all the program, review quizzes, and instructor Q&A forum for personal assistance.
- 100 Multiple choice questions in 1h (on the last day)
- Language: English / French
- Language: English / French
- Passing rate: 75 % (85 -90%: pass with Honors, 91-100%: pass with highest honors)
February 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th 2019 (French)
June 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21th 2019 (English)
Septmber 30th, October 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th 2019 (French)
December 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th 2019 (English)
We can organize other sessions for groups (min. 8 candidates) at your convenience. For more informations about prices and availibilities contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org